The Learn2Curl session is a great introduction to the sport of curling and the Chicago Curling Club. Unfortunately, all sessions are complete for now. There will likely be new sessions in October 2014 and that calendar will be available in September. Add your name to the Mailing List to be informed first.
Note: it is not required that you participate in a Learn2Curl to join the club. We offer free lessons to members and would be happy to get you up to speed. **NEW TEAMS form three times a year: in mid-October, mid-December, and mid-February and play until early April.**
Also, if you have a group (16 people+) that would like a private session please click on "Club Rental" at left.
Learn2Curl sessions are $75 per person and are offered on select weekends throughout the curling season (October to March.) They generally last about 2 1/2 hours and include the following:
• A short video introduction to the history and game of curling
• Stretching and warm-ups prior to curling
• On-ice instruction under USCA certified instructor supervision
• A two-end simulated game
• Pizza and with beer, wine or soda (known as "broomstacking")
• An overview of membership opportunities with the Chicago Curling Club
THE LEARN2CURL SESSIONS ARE COMPLETE FOR THIS SEASON.
WE WILL OPEN REGISTRATIONS FOR THE FALL IN SEPTEMBER.
PLEASE ADD YOURSELF TO THE MAILING LIST TO BE NOTIFIED BEFORE THE PUBLIC!
*Special note: It is not required that you attend a Learn2Curl to become a member of the CCC.
If you would like to skip the wait, join and then learn through unlimited free instruction,
please contact the Membership Department directly.
||Bring warm clothing that is loose enough to allow for good range of motion. Athletic pants or sweatpants are best and layers help. Blue jeans generally are not flexible enough for curling. Some curlers find a hat and gloves comfortable out on the ice.
You MUST bring a separate pair of clean shoes to wear on the ice. Sorry, but these CANNOT be your street shoes worn to the curling club that day. NO EXCEPTIONS! A separate pair of clean runners/sneakers/gym shoes, or some other soft, flat-soled shoe will work just fine. No high heels or leather soles, please.
• The Learn2Curl fee is $75 per person ($35 weekday daytime session) which includes on-ice instruction, a 2-end game, pizza and a bar drink. • Only one Learn2Curl reservation per person. Multiple reservations using a single name will be deleted.
• The fee paid will appear as a credit on the new member's first statement.
• The fee must be pre-paid through the online registration system (using credit/debit card only) and is non-refundable.
• Participants must be 21 years of age or older.
• Each curler must sign a liability release prior to the start of the Learn2Curl session.
• The CCC only offers junior Learn2Curl leagues to member families at this time.
• A confirmation email is sent to each successful website registrant's email address.
• About a week before the session, a reminder with more details will also be sent.
• Groups for instruction and teams for play are assigned by the Chicago Curling Club.
• Registration for multiple Learn2Curls are normally not permitted and are subject to wait list, if space becomes available.
• Free, unlimited private lessons for members are available at your convenience throughout the season. There are also a few scheduled "2nd Shot" group lessons that reinforce what is introduced at the Learn2Curl.
• Teams for leagues are formed three times a year: in mid-October, mid-December and late February (shortened league.) There are also single day events and subbing opportunities for those who are not in league play.
• Check out our FAQ page for further information.
NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel or combine Learn2Curl Sessions in order to best match up participant sign-ups with instructor availability.
If you are interested in a larger group outing or a corporate event,
learn more about our Club Rental Program.