CURLING: CHICAGO'S MOST UNIQUE TEAMBUILDING EXPERIENCE!
Private Learn to Curls (L2C) can be arranged for your group, business, corporate team or nonprofit. The Chicago Curling Club is interested in promoting curling and introducing the sport to your group.
We offer curling / teambuilding opportunities starting in late October through the end of March. Our members typically curl seven days a week in the evenings. So group times are available weekdays before 5:00PM and whenever there are gaps between league play and inter-club competition.
A typical group L2C event is 2 ½ to 3 hours. However, you can arrange for your private L2C to include extra time for meetings, teambuilding or to socialize and enjoy food and beverage.
Our venue consists of 4 sheets of curling ice (curling ice is unique and different than skating ice), an environmentally controlled viewing and meeting area, two locker rooms, a full commercial kitchen suitable for catering, a large serving / dining area with a fireplace, multiple TV’s, DVD/ VCR, a bar and it is Wi-Fi enabled.
The Chicago Curling Club also houses the American Curling Museum for those interested in a deeper dive into the history of curling.
Group L2C consists of curling lessons for 32 people and a two end game. We provide USCA certified instructors with one instructor for every four participants. This ratio ensures a quick but effective learning curve for your participants. Our instructors will be on the ice with your participants throughout the curling portion of your event to ensure an organized, safe and fun experience.
Here is a brief outline of a typical event:
• Arrival of your group 15 minutes prior to start of event.
• General introduction by our head instructor and a brief video about curling.
• Warm up exercises / stretching for those participants going on the ice.
• On-ice instruction on how to play the game: delivering the stone, sweeping and strategy. This is a true “hands-on, ice-on” experience.
• Team formation and playing of a two end game. This is the fun part of your introduction to curling!
• “Broomstacking” – the curling tradition of sharing refreshments with your opponents after the match.
In addition to instructors we provide all equipment (brooms, stones, sliders) and of course our unique facility All your quests need to bring are warm loose fitting clothing, a CLEAN pair of athletic shoes CARRIED into the club to ensure foreign substance (small stones for example) are not brought into the ice house.
Your group will have exclusive use of the facility during your event. Pricing starts at $2,600 for 16-24 people; $3,200 for up to 32 people.
Subject to limitations you may arrange for additional time before or after your group L2C for teambuilding / meetings. You may also have guests for your teambuilding / meetings in addition to the people who participate in L2C on the ice.
Depending on availability, we can accommodate up to 64 people for the on-ice L2C, but this requires two sessions (about 5 – 6 hours). Pricing for larger groups will be quoted at request.
For groups interested in using the club for meetings or presentations without the curling experience pricing starts at $1,250. But why would you miss out on the excitement of curling?
• A bartender is included in the price (for up to 50 people). Additional bartenders are $50 per hour.
• Kitchen: only professional caterers may cook in our kitchen. We can arrange the catering for you if you like.
• Basic clean-up of the facility following your event is included in the price. Damage or excessive clean-up will result in additional charges.
• Soft drinks are included at no additional charge.
• Beer, wine and liquor are charged to you at our regular club prices. Participants who are going to be on the ice to participant in the L2C are NOT ALLOWED to drink alcoholic beverage until AFTER their participation in the on-ice portion is completed.
• The club’s liability waiver must be completed by each on-ice participant.
You can call the club (847 564-9877) and ask for our manager (Tom Slepicka). Or click below and provide an outline of your event plans, potential dates and times (remember, evenings are not available for group L2C’s). We will get back to you for further details and mail you an agreement form. All events are subject to approval by the Chicago Curling Club’s Board of Directors. Once accepted, a 48 hour turnaround by the booking party is required to maintain the requested date. A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of 50% is required with the signed agreement. The balance will be billed following conclusion of the event and will include bar charges and catering expenses, if applicable. The balance is due within 5 days.
In the rare event that factors beyond our control (such as, but not limited to unusually warm weather, equipment failure) necessitate the postponement of your event, the Chicago Curling Club will work with you to reschedule your event, subject to other booked group L2C’s / events.
Email us for Club Rental info