CURLING: CHICAGO'S MOST UNIQUE TEAMBUILDING EXPERIENCE!
FACILITY RENTAL PROGRAM
for Meetings and Curling Special Events
The Chicago Curling Club is a unique meeting venue that is occasionally available for use by members and non-members for meetings, organizational team building, and/or private curling experiences.
Space is available on a limited basis for business groups, nonprofits, and meeting/special event planners. Summer rental is for outdoor party space and indoor service areas. Our regular season is winter when the IceHouse is frozen for curling. We offer curling teambuilding starting late October through the end of March. Typically, times are available throughout weekday afternoons and whenever there are gaps between league play or inter-club competitions.
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings and afternoons are open for rental (other weekdays maybe available)
- Saturday and Sunday afternoons are occasionally available for rental
- Friday and Saturday nights are generally occupied requiring at least ten weeks advance notice for rental
- Weekday evenings are generally occupied by club league play and usually unavailable for rental.
Our unique venue consists of 4 sheets of curling ice in an environmentally-controlled area, a full commercial kitchen suitable for catering, viewing/seating for approximately 100 people, a large dining area with fireplace, TVs/DVD/VCR, two locker rooms, and a bar area. We have accommodated upwards of 150 people for formal sit-down dinners. We also house the American Curling History Museum.
Utilizing the Club for a curling experience typically consists of group lessons for 32 people in teams of 4 or 8. We will accommodate no less than 16 and no more than 64 participants on the ice. If you have more than 32 there will be a surcharge per person. Events are scheduled for approximately 3 hours, which includes two hours of reserved ice time:
- Arrive prior to schedule
- General introduction speech and short video (15 min)
- Warm-up exercises and entering the ice discussion (15 min)
- On-ice instruction on how to play the game; delivering the stone, sweeping and strategy – this is a full hands-on experience! (45 min or more)
- Team formation and play of a 2-end competitive game (approx 1 hour)
- “Broomstacking” session with refreshments and celebration (30 min plus)
Instructors, appropriate equipment, and our unique facility are all provided. All that your guests need to bring in order to participate are warm loose fitting clothes, a CLEAN pair of athletic shoes (carried into the club to keep foreign substances off the ice) and, if desired light gloves and a cap. The Club has all the game equipment necessary to participate including stones, brooms and teflon shoe sliders.
Group rate for exclusive use of facility including curling for up to 32 people is $3200
Group rate for exclusive use of facility including curling for 16-24 people is $2600
$50 additional is required per person up to a maximum of 64. Instruction as outlined previously is included.
There is no additional fee besides food and beverage for attendees who are spectators.
For companies interested in renting the facility for a meeting or presentation only -- not requiring participating in the curling experience -- the Club rental fee is $1,250.
- Bartenders: One is included in rental price for up to 50 guests. Additional bartenders are $50.00/hour.
- Kitchen: Cooking is only permitted by professional caterers, prices and menu for in-house catering are listed below.
- Cleanup: Basic cleanup is included, damage or excessive cleaning will result in additional expense.
- Soft drinks: Included at no additional charge.
- Beer and Liquor: Charged at regular Club regular club prices and master-billed.
- Our liability waiver must be completed by each on-ice participant
- Make contact with the Club by clicking below, providing an outline of your event plans and potential dates.
- A Club contact will contact you for further details and email you an agreement form. Requests are subject to the approval of the Chicago Curling Club Board. Once accepted, a 48-hour turnaround by the booking party is required to maintain date request.
- Deposit of 50% is required at time of reservation. Deposit is non-refundable.
- Balance billed at conclusion of event along with bar tab and due within 5 days.
- Injury/damage: Booking party is responsible for any personal injury and or property damage. The booking party must provide insurance certificate, and each participant must sign a waiver/release prior to entering the ice area.
In the rare event that factors beyond our control (including but not limited to weather or facility damage) necessitate the postponement of a private event, the Chicago Curling Club will work with the renting party to determine appropriate rescheduling. All other pre-arranged agreements would be honored.
Email us for Club Rental info